10.1.1 update – all previous PMs lost?

Home Forums Front End PM PRO 10.1.1 update – all previous PMs lost?

This topic is: Not Resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Hammatt
    Participant

I just upgraded to 10.1.1 and I now have an empty PM box. I didn’t check it just before the upgrade, but I haven’t deleted messages in there so unless there’s some sort of automatic purging, I suspect the upgrade (new storage format?) meant I lost my messages.

Is this correct? Just wondering because there’s no mention of it in the changelog.

Shamim Hasan
    Keymaster

Please see in admin notice there is “Front End PM PRO needs to database update.” click “Proceed”. This will update all messages.
    After update you can delete your legacy messages (you will see delete link in admin notice once finished updating).

Steve Hammatt
    Participant

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that. I ran the update and I can see the old messages in the backend, but not in the front end (where my PM box appears empty). Is this the intended behaviour?

Shamim Hasan
    Keymaster

It should show both in front-end and back-end.
    In Front End PM PRO > All Messages does your name shows in Sender or Recipients list?
    Do you use any custom template for this plugin?
    Please clear any cache if you have.

Let me know.

Steve Hammatt
    Participant

Do I need to delete legacy messages first? Because I haven’t done that yet (does that just delete them in the old place that isn’t being used any more?).

Yes, my name appears in both the Sender and Receipients column of Front End PM Pro -> All Messages, but still an empty mailbox showing for me. I flushed my site’s cache too, no difference.

Steve Hammatt
    Participant

I forgot to say, no, I don’t use any custom templates/code with this.

Shamim Hasan
    Keymaster

Legacy message should not have any impact with this.
    If you send a new message does that show in front-end?
    Can you give me access to your website to debug?

Steve Hammatt
    Participant

I just sent a test PM, then suddenly all my PMs showed up.

Utsav Sarkar
    Participant

Yes I had the exact same problem / behavior. Once I sent a new message, all old messages showed up. Not sure if other users on my site will face the same thing?

Shamim Hasan
    Keymaster

With more extensive testing i found a issue which is too rare. If a request is made during update between user meta delete and message update (time is less than 1 second depending on your messages size) then this issue occur. I believe which is case for you.

You can add delete_metadata( 'user', 0, '_fep_user_message_count', '', true ); in your theme’s (child theme’s if any) functions.php, then refresh your admin area couple of times and remove this code. This will solve your issue.

Steve Hammatt
    Participant

Without this code, will all users have to send a PM to make their old PMs appear? Or once an admin has sent a PM will that “fix” it for everyone?

Also, please add something to the changelog to highlight the update process that needs to be run for this new version (I wasn’t aware of it until you told me in this thread). Thanks.

Shamim Hasan
    Keymaster

This is only applicable for user who is making request withing that time (generally admin who is updating the plugin). So users should not be affected.

Also i have already solve this issue and back ported the code to current version. So users can update this plugin without any additional code run.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You need to purchase ‘Front End PM PRO’ to create topic in this support forum.

If you already purchased ‘Front End PM PRO’ please LOGIN.