I did live long time with 8.4 and got today unexpected update to 10.4 which cleared all messages
(i see it wants to update database but it doesn’t work, seems it can’t create new DB or somth)
I did go back to 8.4 but how can i prevent it form updating? Just clearing license or any other way?
If you want to use latest version i can assist you, latest version is so much improved in performance.
If you still want to use 8.4 follow following
only admin have 0 message issue? try sending a test message to any user then see if that solve your issue. let me know.
As you are mysql and sql command familiar, that will help a lot.
1. Backup your database first.
2. Use a mysql backup copy where you never updated to latest version. If you update to 10.x version then role back, it may fail update. So ensure you never updater to 10.x version in that backup.
3. Go to db and delete any table starting with fep_.
4. Then update to latest version, latest version is 10.1.4
5. Then click “Proceed” when shows database update notice. Then start update. Wait until it finish.
By the way can you suggest where to add some debug php to understand why my Front-End message box (https://my.com/private-message-box/?fepaction=messagebox) shows 0 messages. [FEP 8.4]
Some users (but not all) also report 0 messages.
Maybe i could fix it (cause upgrading to 10.x with loosing all messages is not an option for me)