Forum Replies Created
I asked about this a month ago but did not get an answer. It is confusing to a new user. I want all threads to be open by default.December 21, 2016 at 11:59 pm in reply to: Replies from FEP Pro web interface are not delivered to real email addresses #1869
Shamim: I am not a coder so your PHP snippet is vital and most appreciated. I will try adding to functions.php in my child theme.December 21, 2016 at 5:03 am in reply to: Replies from FEP Pro web interface are not delivered to real email addresses #1863
Shammin, I discovered about 4 email notifications that went into my Spam folder in Mac Mail. So it looks like the reply messages are being forwarded to the real email addresses via email@example.com (hosted by SiteGround.com).
Should I avoid having a forwarder on the support@ address? I currently have support@ emails auto-forwarded to my personal address. Perhaps I should set a donotreply@ address instead with no forwarders.
I do not know how to use the fep_directory_arguments filter hook to hide users from the directory. How would I specify excluded users and where would I place that code? Into a PHP file? Which one?
Thank you for your help.December 20, 2016 at 5:24 am in reply to: Replies from FEP Pro web interface are not delivered to real email addresses #1856
I have another question. In the Parent column of All Messages, what does “No Parent” mean? It appears for some of the messages that have been sent.December 20, 2016 at 4:16 am in reply to: Replies from FEP Pro web interface are not delivered to real email addresses #1844
I got it working shortly after I wrote to you (and before I received your kind reply). I had done two things:
1) Deleted the original free installation of Front End PM.
2) Copied the template info from Message to Reply.
From your note, it must have been #2 that fixed it. You should make it clear that the Reply template has to be filled out. I had assumed that it would use the default setup if Reply was empty.
However, after more testing, replies are still not working in all cases. Here are three ways that the system sometimes fails:
1) A subscriber can only send a message to an admin using the “Send to Admin” option. The admin receives the email. The admin replies, and the subscriber gets the new message. But when the subscriber replies, the admin does not get a message forwarded to their real email address.
2) If a member adds an admin to the normal recipient field and sends a message, it is sometimes not received by the admin.
3) If a subscriber replies to a message thread that has an admin in the normal recipient field, the message is not received by admin.
In all cases, FEM reports “successfully sent.”
Is something wrong with permissions? Or is there a bug in the Multiple Recipients option?
Is there a way to hide some users from the FEM Directory?
I am using the membership plugin called Paid Memberships Pro.